If you’re looking to add volume to your natural hair or try out a brand new hair colour without having to commit to it permanently, extensions can give you instant results.
With so many different types of hair extensions available though, it can be difficult to know what to choose. Clip-in extensions, individual extensions, sew in wefts and tape-in extensions are some of the most popular options but if you want an option that’s affordable and looks natural, tape-in extensions are by far the best option.
- Reasons why tape hair extensions are better than the rest
- They’re affordable. In terms of semi-permanent hair extensions that look great but are still affordable, tape-in extensions fit the bill. The fact that tape-in extensions take less than an hour to apply is one of the reasons why they cost less. The structure of the tape and the amount of maintenance that’s required are the other reasons why they’re so cost effective.
- They’re low maintenance. Because tape-in hair extensions are thin, they’re easier to maintain. This type of extension is so thin and light that many forget they’re actually wearing them. The only time you will really be reminded that you have them in is after 10 to 12 weeks when you need to move them up.
- However, it should be noted that low-quality tape-in extensions won’t last as long and you will need to reapply them more often, which is why it’s best to invest in high-quality extensions from the beginning.
- They cause the least damage. One of the biggest concerns that women have when considering extensions is how much it will damage their hair. At EH Hair Extensions, we prefer tape-in extensions because they cause the least damage to your natural hair. Because they’re lightweight, they won’t pull on your hair and will grow out with your own hair. Tape-in extensions won’t cause you any discomfort and won’t lead to hair loss.
- They’re reusable. Tape-in extensions can be reused for up to a year or 3 – 4 applications, which is especially beneficial if you’ve customised the cut or colour. Once removed, you can clean your extensions, add new tape to them and reapply them. Once again, choosing high-quality hair extensions will ensure that they’ll last longer and can be reused.
- They’re versatile. Unlike clip-in extensions, tape-in extensions give you the option to wear your hair in a variety of different hairstyles. And because they’re so thin, they look completely natural. The highly flexible nature of tape-in extensions means they’re easier to blow dry and take care of too.
Out of the many types of hair extensions available on the market today, tape-in extensions are by far the best, which is why so many celebrities and fashion icons prefer them. Whether you’re new to hair extensions or are looking to switch from clip-in extensions, tape-in extensions are definitely the ideal choice. Just be sure to always opt for high-quality extensions and to seek the help of a professional stylist when applying them.